Sydney man who triggered COVID-19 lockdown on north coast now in Serbia


A Sydney man whose trip to the NSW north coast triggered a lockdown in four local government areas is now in Serbia.

Zoran Radovanovic is said to have traveled from Sydney to Byron Bay in late July to examine real estate.

The 52-year-old became seriously ill and was admitted to Lismore Base Hospital where he tested positive for COVID-19.

This led to a lockdown in the LGAs of Byron, Ballina, Lismore and Richmond Valley.

Guilty pleas on all counts

Mr. Radovanovic was charged with failing to comply with electronic records and failing to comply with health orders without reasonable excuse.

He has now pleaded guilty to all counts.

The Zoran Radovanovic case was brought before the local court in Lismore today.(ABC News)

The case was raised today before the local court in Lismore, which heard that Mr. Radovanovic was in Serbia.

Magistrate Jeff Linden told the court it was not a violation of bail conditions.

The case will return to court next month.

Mr Radovanovic’s 20-year-old son Kristian pleaded guilty last month to four counts, including failing to comply with the electronic recording and not wearing a face mask.

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to search, up and down arrows for volume.
Play the video.  Duration: 3 minutes 6 seconds

WA’s COVID-19 Reopening Roadmap

Loading form …

About Elizabeth Smith

Check Also

Featured article on Sekur’s private data about “Chat-By-Invite” using SMS invitations

TORONTO, ON and NEW YORK, NY/ACCESSWIRE/June 17, 2022/ Sekur Private Data Ltd. (OTCQB:SWISF) (CSE:SKUR) (FRA:GDT0) …