Nowadays, after a renovation project of several months, the building seems almost unrecognizable.
Now painted black on the outside and completely remodeled, the Old Garage – located at 318 West Main Street – is the home and center of Properties of Lake Sota, a building management and maintenance company.
Sota Lake Propeties is located at 318 West Main Street in the old Matz and Greiff building. (Elizabeth Vierkant / Focus)
âWe’ve had a lot of people wondering what exactly we’re doing,â said Kim Staffki, director of business development for Sota Lake Properties.
Stafki recently spoke with Perham Focus to explain what Sota Lake Properties is all about. She said the company – owned by Darin Trites of Perham – offers several property management and rental services under one roof, with the aim of being a one-stop-shop for owners of lake properties.
The company offers:
- Property Maintenance: Snow / leaf removal, lawn maintenance, repainting, general home repair and more.
- Property management: Management of rental buildings; marketing and maintenance of vacation homes and rentals.
- Interior Design: Interior design and decoration, furniture concierge services, window treatments and staging for real estate and vacation rentals.
- Rentals: rental of houses on the lake at various prices, as well as rental of boats and water toys.
- Unique cleaning services: Residential and commercial cleaning offered in partnership with Zero, a cleaning service that uses ionized water instead of chemicals to clean carpets, mattresses, vents, air ducts, dryer vents, showers, and upholstery.
- Landscaping: This is the newest addition to Sota’s service list and is available now.
(Left to right) Kim Stafki, Kristen McMartin and Lori Pazdernik sit together inside Sota Lake Properties’ new location in Perham. (Elizabeth Vierkant / Focus)
Sota Lake Properties purchased the old Matz & Greiff building in March 2021. Renovations have been underway for a few months, and some are still being finished inside. The company previously had a smaller office in Perham; this is the first location to bring all of the company’s offerings together under one roof.
âWe really want to be the ‘easy button’ for the community – we want to be a one stop shop for residential and commercial property owners,â Stafki said.
For example, the owner of a rental duplex may turn to Sota Lake Properties for help in finding someone to clean, mow the lawn, and spray for insects, and a seasonal cottage owner may get help. help finding someone to watch their property during the winter and do some housework or occasional odd jobs. Sota Lake Properties offers personalized packages for people looking for a specific list of services.
Old medicine and alcohol bottles found in the walls during the building renovation are placed in front of the front desk and the Sota Lake Properties logo. (Elizabeth Vierkant / Focus)
While the interior renovations of the new building are not yet fully completed, the company invites members of the community to stop by anytime and meet the team.
âIt’s such a cool building, and it’s been a staple in Perham for many years already,â said Stafki.
âForever,â added Kristen McMartin, Hospitality Manager. “We found old pharmaceutical bottles and liquor bottles between the walls. There is a story.”
They said they hoped to preserve this history in the way they redesigned the space.
âWe have kept a lot of the original things from the time (this building) was a garage,â Stafki said.
The meeting room in the Perham Sota Lake Properties building is decorated with light wood and plants. (Elizabeth Vierkant / Focus)
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but Stafki stressed that they are never really closed. They have a 24-hour call service and are reachable at any time for maintenance emergencies. For more information, contact Sota Lake Properties at 218-325-0149, [email protected], or sotalakeproperties.com.